Saturday, May 20, 2006

Blogger stuff, and pictures and poems

I apparently just now figured out how to get post titles to appear in the RSS feeds... apparently you have to add class="post-title" to your title header…. Sucks to that! Apparently some people's post editors have a little place for TITLE, but not mine. Maybe its broken.

Today someone showed me how to upload pictures, so some of the more interesting ones should be forthcoming, perhaps with some meditative text about them.

In other news, another project is born: a photo essay of abandoned and decaying spaces in Boulder; I'm thinking I'll call it Something there is that doesn't love a wall, in homage to Robert Frost's poem The Mending Wall:

Something there is that doesn't love a wall,
That sends the frozen-ground-swell under it,
And spills the upper boulders in the sun,
And makes gaps even two can pass abreast.

Something there is that doesn't love a wall,
That wants it down.' I could say 'Elves' to him,
But it's not elves exactly, and I'd rather
He said it for himself. I see him there
Bringing a stone grasped firmly by the top
In each hand, like an old-stone savage armed.
He moves in darkness as it seems to me—
Not of woods only and the shade of trees.
He will not go behind his father's saying,
And he likes having thought of it so well
He says again, "Good fences make good neighbors."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home